Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stuff Stephen Hates #4: people who can't read to themselves

GAAAAAAAa! I remember a time when I couldn't read without saying the words out loud. I think I was in second grade! Since then, I, like most people, have developed the ability to read to myself. I don't need to quietly (or not so quietly) mouth the words. I can just read them. Like, for instance, while I type this, is my mouth moving? NO!!! And you know why? BECAUSE I'M READING TO MYSELF!!!!!! GAAAAAAA!!!

Now, you may be saying to yourself (probably without actually saying anyting, because you're probably READING TO YOURSELF!!!!) "but Stephen, perhaps they don't realize they are making noises. Perhaps they are unconsciously reading out loud."
HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT ANY BETTER!!!!! Gaaa!!!!

*pant pant pant* I can't believe I have to get angry about this shit!

It's real simple for all you out loud readers out there. First, listen to yourself! Many people have the problem that they never actually pay any attention to anything outside of themselves.... so, reading out loud doesn't bother them because they have no fucking concept of the fact that other people are trying to do things/concentrate and those little whispers are totally audible and they are driving me FUCKING INSANE! (Little whispers are worse than a noisy din in many ways because my ears train on the quiet noise trying to figure out what it is). Second, reading to yourself is totally ok, when you're alone. Sure, sometimes when I'm proof reading, I'll read aloud to avoid editing mistakes. I do this in the privacy of my apartment....where no one, no one, no one! can hear me! GAAA!!! Third, if you must read out loud while in public, please, please please please please don't do it while in an othewise totally quiet class room while other people (me) are trying to study. GAAA!! Fourth, just try to be aware of your surroundings. Ok, what was I thinking... these people can't possibly do that.

No comments: